Tower Hamlets, London
about 2 months ago
SEN Early Years Teaching Assistant - Tower Hamlets
An inclusive and diverse Primary School based in Tower Hamlets are seeking an enthusiastic and personable Teaching Assistant to join their team ASAP. This is a long term role with the prospect of becoming permanent.
As a teaching assistant you will be an integral part in the ongoing development of the children.
You will have responsibilities in the classroom and the playground, including; supporting the class teacher, managing behaviour and expectations, leading intervention groups, provided support to children on an individual and small group basis and promote the schools ethos and continued success.
- Previous experience of working as a Teaching Assistant or Nursery Nurse would be an advantage although not essential
- Ideally have a relevant childcare qualification (NVQ 2/3, NNEB equivalent or a degree in childcare or education.
- A calm, kind and dedicated approach to supporting children in the classroom
- Have an understanding of how children learn and a desire to work with children
- A real passion for early years learning and who is keen to join our excellent EYFS team.
You must have a valid and enhanced DBS within the last year to be considered for this role.