£25 - £27 per hour
12 days ago
Our client, Sefton Council is looking for a Social Worker to join their Adults team.
- To contribute to the operational delivery of an effective Vulnerable People Service as part of a team responsible for safeguarding, promoting the welfare of and continuously improving outcomes for vulnerable people.
- To manage a complex caseload, delivering high quality assessments and support plans that address the needs of vulnerable people through the commissioning of individual packages of care, whilst managing the reputation of the Council.
- Hold and effectively manage a complex and varied caseload with appropriate supervision, guidance and support, reflecting the function of the team and the Vulnerable People Service in accordance with policy, procedures, guidance and legislation.
- Undertake work within legislative frameworks including the preparation of written statements and representations to the judiciary at Court hearings.
- Be accountable for complex decision making in relation to caseloads ensuring professional judgement, service user involvement, needs led assessment, critical reflection and analysis to inform this.
- Identify and assess levels of risk and need (within statutory frameworks) in often complex situations. Undertake safeguarding investigations and deliver protective and/or supportive services for individuals at risk and maintain up to date assessments, care plans and reviews.