£80 - £85 per day
3 months ago
Secondary 1 to 1 Support Assistant - Greenwich, South East London
- Based within a school in Greenwich
- Secondary 1 to 1 Support
- SEN and general Teaching Assistant
- £80-85 a day
- Temp to perm position
- ASAP Start
Remedy are looking for a Learning Support Assistant to help support a pupil in our school with challenging behaviour.
We are looking for someone who have experience working as a teaching assistant and who can deal with challenging students and has good communication skills.
The role involves supporting children with suffer with various SEN in the SEN Department in our secondary school. The school is a mainstream school based in Greenwich, they are looking for someone to start ASAP. The school has amazing transport links and is easily accessible.
The school are looking for someone kind, nurturing and who has a passion for helping students with special needs.
- One to one support in lessons to address individual pupil's and close supervision while moving around corridors at busy times
- Time during the day to practise his exercise programme
- Candidates should have a qualification in English and Mathematics equivalent to at least NVQ level 2
- Knowledge of the key factors that can affect the way students learn
- Sound literacy and numeracy skills
- Ability to make use of ICT to support student's learning
- Able to confidently and competently apply knowledge and skills acquired from training into a practical classroom context
- Good planning and organisational skills
- Ability to motivate and encourage students
- Awareness of child protection and bullying issues
- Aware of and willing to promote the school's inclusion policies and practices
- Ability to use basic technology resources
- Be willing to work flexible hours to assist with examination periods
If you think you are the right person for this role then please apply now, you can also contact Sophie at Remedy for more information.