£12 - £15 per hour
13 days ago
School Finance Administrator, Lewisham
Do you have experience of working within school finance administration? Are you available for interim positions ASAP? If so, then we are looking for you!
We are currently recruiting for a school based in the Lewisham area who is looking for a school finance officer to cover a long term temporary contract. This position requires an excellent working knowledge of SIMS and FMS6, as you will be expected to hit the ground running and deliver a high standard of work from the outset.
The post is full time (8.30-4pm) Monday to Friday and you need to be available ASAP.
- Excellent administrative and ICT skills (including SIMS and FMS6) and the ability to multi-task.
- A qualification in Business Administration or Accountancy and Finance would be an advantage but is not essential.
- Effective communication skills, both orally and in writing.
- The ability to work with high levels of tact, confidentiality and discretion.
- At least 6-12 months experience of working within a school.
- Day to day finance procedures, including order processing, invoicing and reconciliations.
- Printing and signing cheques.
- Dealing with petty cash.
- Financial reporting for meetings.
- Potentially assisting with any HR administration.
- Supporting on the reception area, dealing with calls, messages and visitors to the school.
- Dedicated consultants with experience working in education
- 24/7 on-call service
- Competitive rates of pay paid weekly, which are fully compliant under the Agency Workers Regulations (AWR, 2011)
- 'Recommend a friend' bonus worth up to £150
We are proud to support a diverse portfolio of schools across South East London, so even if this job or location is not suitable, we would still like to hear from you regarding your relevant school experience, as we may have other roles available in schools, which may be a better match.
All candidates will be subject to Remedy Education's child protection and UK eligibility checks. A DBS on the update service would be an advantage.
If you feel you have the school finance experience required for this role then please send your CV now to,