£13 - £15 per hour
21 days ago
Long term perm
School Attendance Officer
The London Borough of Lewisham
You looking for a role in school administration?
Do you have experience in logging attendance on a school system?
Have you used the SIMS software before?
Attendance Officer - Information about the role
Remedy Education are seeking an experienced Attendance Officer to join the team at one of our schools. The right candidate will have had some experience in this roles before.
This role will require you to have a knowledge of the SIMS software and the workings of a school office environment. The pay for this position will be £13-£15 per hour dependant on your experience. Please note that this role is not permanent, but a long term temporary position - with the possibility of this being extended.
School Attendance Officer responsibilities include:
* Receive telephone calls and messages from parents regarding students who will be late/absent and informing relevant Form Tutors.
* Telephone parents of children who are absent and make records of such telephone calls.
* Monitor student lateness and attendance.
* Provide reports re attendance and punctuality to relevant staff and outside agencies.
* Analyse information on attendance and punctuality and agree interventions with Pastoral staff.
* Complete concern letters regarding students lateness/absence
* Work with Pastoral staff and Local Authority regarding attendance/punctuality that's a concern.
* Provide First Aid to students/staff.
* Accompany students to hospital (in an emergency) when parents are unable to do so.
* Liaise with relevant staff over students whose welfare is causing concern.
* Ensure that medications are kept safely.
* Liaise with outside agencies to ensure that students with medical conditions needs are met.
School Attendance Officer - Information about the school
This position will be in a mixed secondary school in The London Borough of Lewisham. The school requires you to have fully enhanced DBS registered on the update service.