£17 - £22 per hour
RVO - Medway - Dee_1580915932
8 months ago
Rehousing Visiting Officer, Housing, Medway, £17-£22ph
An exciting opportunity for an experienced Rehousing Visiting Officer has become available.
You will have previous experience within a housing management or similar office environment along with experience of working directly with vulnerable households including young people.
Main duties include:
- Undertake visits to homeless households that have been placed into temporary accommodation. The visits will include, but are not limited to signing up of their tenancy, completion of Housing Benefit claim, offering welfare advice as appropriate, ensuring use of the temporary accommodation and the recording of disrepair issues.
- Responsible for identifying suitable temporary accommodation for homeless households to meet statutory homeless duties.
- Provide effective management of rent accounts to ensure maximisation of income. This will include ensuring that households in temporary accommodation have received details of their rent and methods of payment and where appropriate referred for support.
- Good general education - 5 GSCE's including English and Mathematics
- Full UK Driving Licence and access to a car for work purposes
- Housing qualification is desirable
- Experience in using an allocations framework and assessing applications for housing need
- Previous experience of maximising nomination rights and working with housing providers to identify suitable applicants for properties
- Previous experience of managing a case load of applicants in Temporary Accommodation
Benefits of working with Remedy
- A personal one-one service from your highly experienced dedicated consultant.
- Top tier supplier to numerous local authorities throughout London giving us access to jobs before other agencies.
- Referral bonus - up to £250* per person placed.
- Double payrolls each week.
*Terms & Conditions apply
You will be required to fully register with Remedy for all locum positions.
To be considered for this role, please apply with your CV to Dee Spencer on the social care team.
Remedy Social Care is a REC Standard agency and is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of the vulnerable. Successful applicants will be required to undertake an Enhanced Disclosure via the DBS. Our objective is to be an equal opportunities employer and we welcome applications from everyone with suitable skills and ability regardless of race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, gender, disability, sexual orientation, age, religion or belief. All applications will be accepted and reviewed solely on merit.