£70 - £85 per day
11 days ago
Long term perm
SEN Teaching Assistant Job | Global Delay / SpLD support, Reception / Southwark Primary School
Your New School
You will be working in a primary school in South East London which boasts a supportive team of staff and an Ofsted rating of Outstanding. The school is within walking distance of several stations.
Your New Role
The role will require you to support a pupil in Reception who is easily distracted. You will be providing the pupil with a caring and nurturing environment in order for the child to increase their confidence in verbal and written English but also supporting the child to further their academic ability alongside their peers. This is a long-term position starting in September 2020.
What you'll need to succeed
- This is a challenging but rewarding role, so it is essential that you have experience supporting children with special educational needs (Global Delay) and working on a one-to-one basis
- Experience working in-line with an EHCP
- The school would like to appoint an applicant with previous experience working with SEN pupils in Early Years up to Year 2
- Must be able to ensure the pupil can remain on-task (in and out of class), and support their Speech & Language development
- Confident with Phonics
- It is essential that you possess character traits of being calm and patient due to the nature of the role
If you would like to apply for this position, please contact Carly Walters and email your CV together with a brief cover letter outlining your experience working with children