Up to £45 per hour
about 1 month ago
Our client Reading Borough Council is looking for a Qualified Social Worker to join their Family Intervention Team. We offer hybrid working arrangement with 70% remote working and 30% on site.
The family Interventions team receives the cases from access and assessment team and holds cases of children on child in need, child protection and in public law Outline process and children in care proceedings.
We aim to ensure that our professionals have all the tools they need to do an exceptional job. We have Consultant Practitioners and Assistant Team Managers into our establishment who are on hand to coach, mentor and support our staff through complex and high risk case work.
We have also secured excellent training for all our staff through Research in Practice, and established a sound partnership with the NSPCC. We value our staff and want to support them in their progression with us.
If you think you might enjoy working at Brighter Futures for Children, you share our values, and you have a social work qualification and current professional social work registration with Social Work England, then we would really like to hear from you
Brighter Futures for Children is improving outcomes for Reading's children, young people and families. We are an independent, not-for-profit-company, wholly owned by Reading Borough Council.
Our responsibility is to deliver quality children's services, early help, education and Special Educational Needs and Disabilities (SEND) services in the borough.
This role will hold an allocated case load which will include a range of child in need, child protection and looked after children cases, dependant on experience. You will carry out a range of tasks and interventions to benefit the welfare of the child
Designation of Post within Company Structure
* Undertake assessments and, where appropriate, arrange accommodation for children and young people
* Work within BFfC policy procedures and good practice guidelines in order to most effectively meet the needs of the children and families allocated to you
* To work with children, young people, families, carers and communities to help them make informed decisions and engender change, enabling them to clarify and express their needs and contribute to service planning
* To develop and maintain positive working relationships with service users and other professionals
* To keep up to date with contemporary issues in children's social work including legislation and evidence based practice, and to attend relevant training and development opportunities
* To liaise with colleagues in own, other directorates, and external agencies in order to gather information relevant to assessment and care planning activities, and jointly plan and deliver interventions
* Maintain and update case notes and other records, and write reports as necessary. If required, give evidence in court in relation to care proceedings
* Degree in Social Work or equivalent qualification
* Registration with Social Work England
* ASYE completed
Benefits of working with Remedy
* A personal one-one service from your highly experienced dedicated consultant.
* Top tier supplier across London giving us first access to jobs
* Referral bonus - up to £250* per person placed.
* Double payrolls each week.
*Terms & Conditions apply
You will be required to fully register with Remedy for all locum positions.
To be considered for this role, please apply with your CV on the social care team.
Remedy Social Care is a REC Standard agency and is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of the vulnerable. Successful applicants will be required to undertake an Enhanced Disclosure via the DBS. Our objective is to be an equal opportunities employer and we welcome applications from everyone with suitable skills and ability regardless of race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, gender, disability, sexual orientation, age, religion or belief. All applications will be accepted and reviewed solely on merit.