Up to £35.00 per hour
Ben - SG/Fosteriing_1622624650
15 days ago
Remedy Recruitment Group are looking for a Qualified Social Worker to work in Surrey County Council's Fostering team.
To assess, supervise and support foster carers and their families in providing care for 'Looked After Children'. The role holder will promote Corporate Parenting by working alongside Social Workers and other agencies to ensure children's care plans are met. They will ensure that children and young people are adequately protected in line with SCPC and departmental policy and procedures and relevant legislation.This will involve working within statutory responsibilities and departmental policies, including recording, report writing, file access, complaints, confidentiality and SWIFT. The role holder will also present Foster Carer Assessments (Form F and Regulation 38s), as well as annual reviews to the Foster Panel. The role holder will ensure that 'Looked After Children' reach their full potential in respect of the five outcomes and have equal access to services. They will also contribute towards the Recruitment Programme to increase our pool of foster carers, and ensure that foster carers receive adequate and appropriate training for the tasks they fulfil.
* Take professional responsibility as directed for managing a caseload which will include individuals, children, families and carers who require support and guidance. Enable them to identify their needs and plan support to meet those needs using the full range of options, seeking advice and support where appropriate.
* Demonstrate confident and effective judgement about risk and accountability in decision making.
Assessment and Review
* Use assessment procedures discerningly in response to the presenting needs and to ensure that a proportionate assessment is completed in a way that enables maximum participation.
Advice and Guidance
* Provide information, advice and guidance in line with current national legislation and to recognise the need for, and appropriately signpost to other agencies, services or providers.
* Understand the forms of harm and their impact on people and be able to identify safeguarding concerns.
* Where relevant and with support undertake assessment and planning for safeguarding.
* Share and present professional knowledge and expertise with colleagues within the team.
* When appropriate provide professional reflective supervision to staff who are not professionally qualified.
* Take professional and personal responsibility for clear recording of analysis and judgements, maintaining up to date case work records on the database as required by Surrey County Council.
* Take responsibility for working within the Directorate's data protection policies.
Duties For All
Values: To uphold the values and behaviours of the organisation.
Equality & Diversity: To work inclusively, with a diverse range of stakeholders and promote equality of opportunity.
Health, safety and welfare: To maintain high standards of Health, Safety and Welfare at work and take reasonable care for the health and safety of themselves and others.