£36 - £38 per hour
Ben - R&A_1631543526
11 days ago
Wandsworth Social Services are looking for a qualified social worker to work in their referral & assessment team.
Team Name: Assessment Team
Team description/dynamic: You will be a part of a small team of only five social workers with manageable caseloads. You will be working collaboratively with your colleagues across the service and the partnership to deliver a high-quality and responsive social work service in Referral and Assessment (RAS). We value each staff member in the service to be a leader and champion of exemplary practice and work with families with a range of needs including child protection, care proceedings, and looked-after children.
Our Front door is dynamic, has excellent partnership relationships that we continue to build upon as well as building our links with community-based resources. We work closely with our excellent Early Help Service and a range of Targeted Services in the borough. You will work collaboratively with our families, partners as well as colleagues within the Long-Term teams, bringing together and coordinating the team around the child to ensure a multi-disciplinary approach to safeguarding, as well as Assessment, Planning, Implementation and Review.
Please list 5 essential requirements for the role:
1. You will need a relevant social work qualification and Social Work England membership.
2. Relevant and recent experience of working in a referral and Assessment Service is preferable, alongside the experience of working across voluntary and statutory agencies.
3. An excellent communicator, collaborator who is compassionate and understand the needs of children and young people.
4. You will also have applied knowledge of relevant legislation and guidance.
5. We look for people with a 'can do' attitude, who are creative and champions for our children and families to achieve the best possible outcomes, as our children deserve the best.
Any essential Training required:
When will the interviews be held: As soon as possible.
Working from home policy: All working from home agreement has to be made with the line manager. Currently, the Duty team is always office based at Wandsworth Town Hall (we operate a 4 day Duty period and there are 6 Assessment teams). We are currently also reviewing plans for the whole service to gradually and eventually return to the office.
Flexible working or core hours: 36 hours per week.
Location of assignment: Wandsworth Town Hall
Is equipment provided(eg. Laptop)? If yes does equipment have to be collected or can it be posted to the successful candidate? Equipment will need to be collected from Wandsworth Town Hall.
PPE requirement and provision: There is PPE provision for all staff at the office.