Worthing, West Sussex
£36 - £40 per hour + Negotiable
9 days ago
Qualified Social Worker - Family Support and Protection Team - Worthing, West Sussex - Up to £40ph!
Do you want to work in a team where the caseloads are manageable? If you know you can make a positive difference in the lives of children and young people, we want to hear from you.
You will work in one of the largest diverse boroughs in the South East with excellent transport links. You will be surrounded by beautiful villages alongside busy high streets with outstanding restaurants, sports centres and shopping facilities.
Main duties include:
- Assess, plan, review and provide support to a child, family or carer with complex family or social care needs, taking full account of appropriate legal frameworks, policy and guidance
- Assess family functioning, providing help and support, when relationship breakdown threatens to impair the health or well-being of children at risk of abuse or neglect
- Carry out an assessment or enquiry and plan responses to safeguard a child from abuse, neglect or exploitation, building effective relationships with children, adults and families as appropriate, including intervention when information or circumstances suggest there may be a need to remove a child from their parents or carers
- Arrange appropriate alternative care (including, where appropriate a permanent home) in collaboration with children, young people and their parents/carers where the parents/carers cannot care for them
- Maintain up to date, accurate and high quality records of activity on cases. Participate in a range of planning and decision making forums including case discussions, Strategy Meetings, Legal Planning meetings, Child Protection Conferences, Statutory Reviews
- Write court reports and give evidence in relation to children at risk during legal proceedings
- Assess people's suitability as foster carers, kinship carers (including Special Guardians), or adopters
- Hold a caseload of a level of complexity and provide case management, guidance, support and expert advice to social care staff, students and newly qualified social workers, as and when required
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- DipSW, CQSW, CSS or equivalent.
- HCPC Registration as a Registered Social Worker
- Demonstrate ability in the application of SW knowledge, using emotional intelligence, analytical skills and act with confidence in challenging social and family situations.
- A good working knowledge and ability to use information technology and related systems eg, Word, SW case recording systems
- Car driver/owner
To find out more about this role, please call Danny Mansfield on the social care team.
Remedy Social Care is a REC Standard agency and is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of the vulnerable. Successful applicants will be required to undertake an Enhanced Disclosure via the DBS. Our objective is to be an equal opportunities employer and we welcome applications from everyone with suitable skills and ability regardless of race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, gender, disability, sexual orientation, age, religion or belief. All applications will be accepted and reviewed solely on merit.