Oldham, Greater Manchester
£32 - £33 per hour + Negotiable
21 days ago
Qualified Social Worker - Emergency Duty Team - Oldham Council - Up to £33ph!
- The role of the Senior Practitioner on the Emergency Duty Team (EDT) is to respond to social care emergencies that requires intervention by the Local Authority outside of normal working hours.
- The core duties include undertaking investigations, assessments and developing time limited plans to safeguard vulnerable children or adults where required. The nature of the work can be complex and fast paced which requires thorough and robust decision making skills.
- As a qualified and registered Social Worker and Approved Mental Health Professional (AMHP) you will have a broad and detailed knowledge of the legislation that underpins the statutory duties of the Emergency Duty Team.
- A Senior Practitioner on EDT would be expected to continue to develop professionally, and be accountable for the delivery of, and promote, social work good practice.
- To screen referrals and undertake investigations and assessments in line the Local Authorities statutory duties. This includes assessment and investigations for vulnerable children, Adults and undertaking assessments under the Mental Health Act.
- To maintain records in necessary formats and ensure content by self and team is accurate and personal information is kept confidential.
- To prepare, attend and participate in meetings and decision-making forums, for example, Court appearances, Reviews, Panels, Case Conferences or team meetings. To chair meetings as appropriate.
- To provide information, data and statistics as required.
- To inform managers of service deficiencies or issues interfering with delivering an efficient service, assist to identify and make suggestions for opportunities for improvement.
- To act for and advocate on behalf of Service Users, Carers and Families, within the boundaries of corporate and directorate policies.
- To develop and maintain appropriate working relationships with partnership agencies, including health and voluntary sector agencies.
Benefits of working with Remedy
- A personal one-one service from your highly experienced dedicated consultant.
- Top tier supplier to numerous local authorities throughout the UK giving us access to jobs before other agencies.
- Referral bonus - up to £300* per person placed.
- Option to be paid on either Wednesday or Friday.
*Terms & Conditions apply
You will be required to fully register with Remedy for all locum positions.
Remedy Social Care is a REC Standard agency and is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of the vulnerable. Successful applicants will be required to undertake an Enhanced Disclosure via the DBS. Our objective is to be an equal opportunities employer and we welcome applications from everyone with suitable skills and ability regardless of race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, gender, disability, sexual orientation, age, religion or belief. All applications will be accepted and reviewed solely on merit.