Up to £30.00 per hour
Ben - Unaccompanied_1616167739
about 1 month ago
- To hold and manage a varied caseload reflecting the function of the Team in accordance with procedure, guidelines and legislation.
- To identify and assess levels of risk and need, and deliver protective or supportive services for children at risk, in need and/or looked after.
- To maintain an up to date assessment, care plan and reviews for all cases
- To maintain accurate, up to date, and relevant case recordings and any other records as specified in departmental guidance and procedures utilising tools such as Frameworki as appropriate.
- To contribute through team meetings and organisational events to the development of the service.
- Attend supervision regularly having actively prepared.
- To take responsibility for reporting of risk properly through the line management structure.
- Ensure that expenditure on cases is properly authorised and recorded.
- Ensure that reports are up to date, of a high quality and submitted according to appropriate timescales.
- Work co-operatively with colleagues and in partnership across agency boundaries.
- To attend a range of meetings including child protection case conference meetings and court hearings to represent the department.
- To undertake direct work with children, young people and their families in line with agreed care plans.
- To be responsible for all data on allocated cases:
- data entry on Frameworki and any other electronic tools or database
- ensure data is kept up to date and accurate at all times
- data required for specific PIs/targets, etc is entered in a timely way
- to be responsible for the accuracy of data and be able to validate own data reliably
- To maintain and develop up to date knowledge and relevant skills through training.
- To carry out all work within an equal opportunities framework.
- These activities may be varied from time to time to meet the changing needs of the service and its client group.
- The post holder reports directly to and will be supervised by the Deputy Service Manager/Service Manager
- The post holder will maintain regular supervision through regular meetings and briefings in line with the Department's supervision policy.