£120 - £160 per day
2 months ago
Long term perm
Are you a Fully Qualified Teacher with QTS or NQT? Do you hold other relevant teaching qualifications?
Are you looking to gain experience teaching within an SEN Primary School with a class of only around 4-8 pupils?
What we are looking for:
We are looking for an SEN Primary Teacher to support a primary school catering for pupils with Social, Emotional and Mental Health Difficulties, Autism, ADHD, ODD and Challenging behaviours - many of these pupils are no longer able to remain in mainstream education. The School are seeking a hard working, empathetic, resilient and confident Primary Teacher to lead a team of Teaching Assistants in providing excellent education whilst managing behaviour and promoting positive life choices.
As a Primary Teacher you will be responsible for termly topics across your class of 4-8 students and also 1:1 intervention. With a number of resources on hand and a very supportive Senior Leadership Team, you will be sure to fit in! Primary Teachers will support working in collaborations with the Occupational Therapy and Speech and Language Therapy to ensure they are getting a consistent approach from all professionals.
The candidate will ideally be MAPA trained or willing to undertake the course within the next few months. The candidate must be hard working, resilient and confident in working with pupils who may display difficult behaviours, to succeed you need to be flexible, energetic and dynamic.
Role and Responsibilities:
- Primary SEN Teacher
- Supporting SEN students with SEMH and ASC needs
- Leading a team of at least 2 TA's
- Acting as a postive role model
- Adhere to their behavioural policy and all other policys and procedures
- Commit to safeguarding and attend all training
- Starting September 2020 or as soon as notice period.
- Development and improvement of Primary Teaching resources within the department
- Willingness to participate in the school's extra-curricular programme
- Could earn from £120 - £180 per day (Dependant on pay scales)
They are looking for an SEN Primary Teacher that adds to the ethos that's dedicated to teaching student through life experience and academic learning, and wants to make sure every member feels individually valued. The aim of the school is to ensure each pupil leaves well rounded and prepared for their future. They understand that this is not a quick fix type role, the children will need nurturing over time to help them reach their full potential.
- Have QTS or have other relevant teaching qualifications
- Residing in the UK or have a UK address you are moving to in the near future
- Must have or be willing and able to apply for a fully enhanced DBS certificate on the update service
If you believe you can be a valuable SEN Primary Teacher within this SEN school please do not hesitate to contact me or click on apply now. Alternatively please call to discuss other teaching opportunities in Lewisham and Southwark.
All applicants will require the appropriate qualifications and training for this role. Please see faqs for details.
Remedy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. We offer all our registered candidates FREE child protection and prevent duty training. All candidates must undertake or have undertaken a valid enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check. Full assistance provided.