£70 - £75 per day
about 1 month ago
Long term perm
Remedy Education are working with a mainstream primary school based in Lambeth, South East London, who is looking for a Key Stage 2 Learning Support Assistant. They are recruiting an experienced in class worker for 1:1 support. The candidate will be working with a child with ADHD, they will have good relationship building and behaviour management skills.
This role will start in January 2021.
Responsibilities and duties:
- Assist and support a child with ADHD.
- To support the child in helping them access the full curriculum.
- Help the child to self-regulate as they have some challenging behaviour.
- Assisting the child with developing socially. Making friends etc.
- Attend inset training as necessary.
- Prepare resources for differentiation under instruction from the teacher.
- Experience working with children with ADHD for at least 6 months
- Confident and proactive.
- A flexible and kind approach.
- You will be able to demonstrate behaviour management skills.
- Have a right to work in the UK (A Valid Visa)
- Two recent child based references and relevant DBS/ Police checks
- Access to bicycle, car or near main bus routes.
- Able to work 8.30am-3.45pm, 5 days per week term time only.
Remedy Education is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all of the staff we employ to share this commitment. Successful applicants will be required to undergo checks including a barred list check, reference checks and will need to have a DBS; there will also be a face to face interview.