£75 - £85 per day
29 days ago
Long term perm
Primary ASD Teaching Assistant- Lambeth
We are currently working with a school based in Lambeth who are looking to recruit a SEN Teaching Assistant with previous experience working with high level ASD and SEMH. This role will require you to work on a 1:1 basis with a student with ASD and SEMH.
This role has a real focus on behaviour support, alongside assisting with the complex needs demonstrated by the learners. The candidate needs to be confident when it comes to behaviour management, be able to de-escalate situations but also promote a caring and nurturing side to
Throughout this role as a SEN TA, you will be required to support learners on a one to one basis in class, and to help within small groups of two to seven learners at one time. The day to day support isn't just focused on supporting learners academically, throughout the day there will be focus on assisting them with both their social and behavioural needs too.
The aim of this role is to help ensure that both the social and learning aspect of education is made accessible for all learners no matter what needs or challenges they may face.
- Previous SEN experiences (PMLD, ASD, AFS)
- SEN TA and classroom support experience
- Team Teach and physical intervention techniques (Certificate within the last 2 years)
- Effective behaviour management strategies
- Worked with verbal and non-verbal ASD learners
- Enthusiastic, hard-working, energetic
- Able to build meaningful relationships with both learners and staff
- Effective communication skills within classroom support
SEN Teaching Assistants need to have effective behaviour management skills and Team Teach is essential.
If you have the experience and the skills appropriate for the role then please apply with your full CV. If you require any further information, please contact Carly Walters at Remedy Education or send me your CV, carlyw@remedyeducation.
APPLICATION REQUIREMENTS FOR REMEDY EDUCATION
- All applications are subject to an Enhanced DBS Disclosure, professional reference checks, Overseas Police Clearances (if applicable) in line with our stringent safeguarding policy
- Your CV must cover the last 10 years of employment history where possible and all employment breaks must be explained
- You must have legal right to work in the UK
- You must be willing to attend a registration interview
Remedy Education work with a variety of schools covering a wide geographical area. We deal with teaching placements at Primary, Secondary and college level as well as support staff positions also within these.
'Nothing within the above advert was in any way designed or intended to discriminate on the grounds of age, gender, race, colour, religion, disability or sexual orientation. Remedy Education is an Equal opportunities employer and is proud in the knowledge that all placements are made on merit and suitability. We accept applications from all sections of the community.'