£75 - £85 per day
7 months ago
Long term perm
SEN TA (PMLD) - Greenwich, South East London
- Special Needs Teaching Assistant
- Manuel Handling trained
- Experience of PMLD Required
- Long Term and Day to Day supply work
- ASAP Start
- £80 - £90 per day
- South East London, Greenwich
Remedy Education are currently looking for a PMLD SEN TA who specialises in Profound and Multiple Learning Difficulties to help support a KS3 and KS4 class. This will be full time, long term role for the start of the next academic year. The successful PMLD TA should ideally have prior experience working with pupils with PMLD and have qualifications in EYFS. This school has outstanding state of the art facilities.
The SEN TA will be supporting students with special educational needs and will be working in the classroom as directed by an SEN teacher, you will be looking at ways in order to help these children achieve to the best of their abilities. You will be working with students with profound and multiple learning difficulties (PMLD) as they access a sensory based curriculum tailored to their own needs. This school works with children from the ages of 11 - 19 and you may be asked to with a child on a 1:1 bases or in small groups.
The successful SEN TA candidate should:
- Have a minimum of two years SEN school experience ideally in a PMLD setting
- Must be Manuel Handling trained
- Ideally would hole a minimum of CACHE Level 2 qualification
- Have knowledge and experience with personal care, medical needs, filling PT programmes and the use of the hydro pool.
- Have experience of delivering a sensory curriculum.
- Be a patient and positive role model for children
- Knowledge of PECS and the EYFS framework would be an advantage.
We are looking for PMLD TA's who are highly confident, resilient, committed, driven and passionate. As this vacancy is to start as soon as possible, it is key for the new member of staff that joins the school, that a smooth transition takes place, in order to create minimal disruption for the students and staff.
If this role is of interest, please ensure you upload an up to date CV.