£70 - £80 per day
about 1 month ago
General & Personal Care Teaching Assistant
- Primary SEN School
- KS1 and KS2 pupils
- £70 - £80 per day
- Full time- September start, until the end of the academic year
We are looking for a Teaching Assistant to provide care and learning development for pupils in KS1 and 2 with general SEN and in the afternoon pupils who may require personal care . This lovely secondary school based in Croydon SEN school is set on beautiful has brilliant facilities and education plans for all of its students. Your focus will be to ensure your students have an exciting and social school experience and help them to become independent and confident individuals.
The school have asked Remedy to find a successful candidate who has had experience working with pupils with SEN in the past.
Benefits of working for Remedy Education:
- On call 24/7
- Team teach training
- Dedicated and reliable consultants
- Great market knowledge to find you your perfect role
- Advice and editing on your current CV
- Career advice
- Exclusive online services
- CPD training
Responsibilities of the role
- Commitment to the role, including working in small groups & 1:1 with children with Special Needs
- manual handling training desired - transferring from wheelchair to toilet/physio equipment/ physio bed using hoists (training is provided on the job!)
- toileting - the personal care aspect of the role
- catheterisation for student with spina bifida twice a day (insertion of catheter involved)
- On-site team of occupational, physio and speech and language therapists
- Constant support from the agency and the staff at the school
- Free on-site parking
- Professional and continuous training programmes
- Workshops to support children's communication
- 2:1 staff to pupil ratio
All applicants will require the appropriate qualifications and training for this role as well as the Right to Work in the UK. Please see faqs for details.
All pay rates quoted will be inclusive of 12.07% statutory holiday pay. This advert is for a temporary position. In some cases, the option to make this role permanent may become available at a later date.
Remedy Education is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. We undertake safeguarding checks on all workers in accordance with DfE statutory guidance 'Keeping Children Safe in Education'. We offer all our registered candidates FREE child protection and prevent duty training. All candidates must undertake or have undertaken a valid enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check.