£75 - £85 per day
about 1 month ago
Are you passionate about working with children who have Profound and Multiple Learning Difficulties (PMLD)? Do you seek a meaningful career that will have an impact on children's lives? If so then keep reading!
A special school for learners aged between 11 and 19 years that have Severe/Profound and Multiple Learning Difficulties and/or disabilities (SLD/PMLD), as well as learners who are on the Autistic Spectrum (ASD) with complex needs
- Working closely with the class teacher to support in the delivery of exceptional learning experiences for children.
- Working on a 1:1 basis, or in small group sizes, with pupils to provide more targeted and meaningful learning experiences.
- Personal and Intimate care responsibilities, including use of hoisting equipment.
- Utilising effective behavioural management techniques to assist in promoting an optimal learning environment within the classroom.
- Assisting the teacher to set-up engaging and interactive practical lesson activities.
The Ideal Candidate
- Previous experience in care roles with personal/intimate care.
- Experience and training with hoisting is not essential but is advantageous.
- Previous experience supporting children with SEND requirements.
The majority of our roles require candidates who are able to commit to a long-term position 5 days a week, during typical school hours (usually between 8:30am - 3:30pm).
- Possess an Enhanced Child DBS with an update service subscription, or demonstrate the willingness to apply for one through Remedy Education.
- Be able to show experience working with children in a coaching, tutoring, teaching or mentoring role - or a willingness to learn and undertake new challenges!