East London, London
£25 - £27 per hour
29 days ago
The primary purpose of the role is to assist the Early Help Group Manager in the provision of parenting support and Family Group conferencing within the Early Help and Troubled Families Service. There will also be a requirement to support the Early Help Group Manager with addressing safeguarding issues and screening referrals into the Early Help Service. This is a strategic role and one that is focussed on the strategic development of the Parenting Service and Family Group Conferencing Service
The key objectives in parenting are;
Under the direction of the Early Help Group Manager:
- To publicise the FGC and Parenting Service and ensure that relevant, accessible information is readily available to parents/carers and stakeholders.
- To provide regular one-to-one supervision for staff.
- To ensure that the training needs of staff are identified and addressed.To monitor staff performance, allocate work and deal with the day-to-day operational management of the Parenting and FGC Service.
- To ensure that there is a co-ordinated and balanced delivery of high quality parenting skills programmes, (both group and 1-2-1), and effective Family Group Conferences
- To ensure that the content of the parenting programmes and FGCs, and also the information given to all community and professional participants is based on well-researched and evidenced methods and techniques.
- To ensure that the parenting groups and FGCs are well-organised, well-prepared and that the participants are suitably informed, selected and given a high-quality service.
- To manage a service for parents who receive Parenting Orders from the Court
- To manage the recruitment of parents/carers onto the parenting programmes; and to develop and implement risk assessment procedures relating to the venue and to the group participants.
- To manage the design, delivery and development of suitable parenting skills programmes and effective FGCs for use in both group work and one-to-one settings, in which all equal opportunities needs of the participants are met.
If you are interested in this role please send your updated CV.