£31 - £42 per hour
about 1 month ago
Our client Oxfordshire County Council is looking for a Senior Practitioner to join their Family Solutions Plus team.
This is a list of the main duties or tasks that the post holder will be expected to undertake.
* To assist assistant team manager and team manager by contributing to the planning and development of the service and to assist the management of the workflow.
* Undertake effective assessment of need, analysis and management of risk for allocated children and young people.
* Conduct statutory work with children who are subject to Child In Need plans, Child Protection Plans or children who are Looked After up to the point that permanency plans are put in place. JD Reviewed at Job Evaluation panel on 12th March 2020
* Carry out statutory visits, monitor and assess children's safety and welfare and act promptly on any concerns.
* Take responsibility for cases until they are closed or referred to another service. Including the escalation of cases to appropriate statutory and specialist teams such as Youth Offending Service, Looked After Children/Leaving Care and the de-escalation of statutory cases to workers in the Family Support Service or universal services.
* Develop and maintain effective relationships with children and young people, their families and carers: providing advice and support and helping resolve conflict, where appropriate.
* Help children and young people, families, carers and communities to make informed choices and decisions, enabling them to clarify and express their needs and contribute to service planning.
* Maintain accurate and up to date case management records and produce concise, comprehensive and timely assessment and reports.
* Prepare and manage cases for court, including liaison with children's guardians and other legal representatives (statutory team only).
* Work with colleagues, other agencies and community resources to ensure that families are offered support in their localities wherever possible * Represent the service in multi-agency forums.
* Participate in learning opportunities and developments in social work practice.
* Contribute to the facilitation of evidence-based group programmes across the locality.
* Supervision of students and contribution to the induction of newly qualified social workers or support staff. To provide supervision to students and social workers in there ASYE.
* Quality control of written reports/assessments/minutes including reports, produced within the team. Assist in the writing of reports for less experienced staff and support at meetings and within the court arena.
* To plan and facilitate group supervision sessions within the team.
* Representing Team, Assistant Team Manager and Consultant Social Practitioner at meetings, where agreed.
- Degree in Social Work or equivalent qualification
- Registration with Social Work England
- ASYE completed
Benefits of working with Remedy
- A personal one-one service from your highly experienced dedicated consultant.
- Top tier supplier across London giving us first access to jobs
- Referral bonus - up to £250* per person placed.
- Double payrolls each week.
*Terms & Conditions apply
You will be required to fully register with Remedy for all locum positions.
To be considered for this role, please apply with your CV on the social care team.
Remedy Social Care is a REC Standard agency and is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of the vulnerable. Successful applicants will be required to undertake an Enhanced Disclosure via the DBS. Our objective is to be an equal opportunities employer and we welcome applications from everyone with suitable skills and ability regardless of race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, gender, disability, sexual orientation, age, religion or belief. All applications will be accepted and reviewed solely on merit.