£20 - £30 per hour + Flexible working times
14 days ago
Remedy Tutors specialise in outreach and online tuition, providing tuition around the clock in and around London and the surrounding home counties.
We are always looking for dynamic, confident and empathetic tutors who really want to make a difference. Many of the children we support are in care, care leavers and those with a diverse range of learning needs.
We need experienced tutors with a UK recognised teaching qualification (PGCE, DET, QTS, QTLS etc..)
Remedy tutors provide alternative educational support to a range of students with varying needs. These could include Unaccompanied Asylum Seeking Children (needing ESOL specialists), those excluded or near exclusion (SEBD), elected home educated, young offenders, teen parents, those with medical needs, challenging behaviour as well as SEMH and SEND students.
You would be working on a case-by-case basis, teaching either online, in the student's home or at a nearby outreach provision. Tuition contracts range from short term (2-4 weeks) to long term (anything up to a whole academic year).
The successful candidate will have:
- Good knowledge of the National Curriculum - especially in your subject specialisms
- At least 2 years teaching or tutoring experience in the UK
- If looking to teach online, then you will need to have prior experience of online tuition
- A UK recognised teaching qualification
- An DBS that is ideally on the Update Service (if not you may need to apply for a new DBS with us)
To apply to become one of our tutors, please contact Dean Pomeroy at Remedy Tutors ASAP.