£27 - £28 per hour
10 days ago
Our client is looking for a social worker to work within the adults supporting care team as part of the operational safeguarding cluster in Newham. The social worker will be central in the success of our work in safeguarding vulnerable individuals living in Newham.
The successful candidate will need to demonstrates skills and knowledge that contribute effectively to the Safeguarding process:
- Awareness and application of a range of local and national policy and procedural frameworks when undertaking Safeguarding activity
- Ensure service users / carers are supported appropriately to understand Safeguarding issues to maximise their decision making
- Understand how best evidence is achieved
- Understand when to use emergency systems to Safeguard adults
- Maintain accurate, complete and up-to-date records
- Demonstrate required level of skills and knowledge to undertake a Safeguarding Adults enquiries
Undertaking section 42 safeguarding enquiries Undertaking Mental Capacity assessments alongside best interest decisions Promoting customers choices, control and independence Arranging appropriate care and placing customers in nursing or residential homes if required Working in partnership with other professionals Using legislation, guidance and reflective social work practice to ensure that key concepts and theories in social work are utilised to ensure the best possible outcomes for vulnerable adults.
If you are interested in this role please send your updated CV in the first instance.