£400 - £450 per day
23 days ago
Overall Purpose of Job
The post-holder will provide project management support to the department for the implementation of the transformation agenda for Environment, Sustainability and Transport transformation programme, ensuring all change projects are aligned to the strategic vision of the programme.
The role will be developing project management governance, implementation and embedding of the customer pathways and interactions between the service departments in Newham, ensuring the maximum efficiency underpins the new ways of working. Working with staff to develop and update operating processes and procedures. The role will primarily focus on delivering public realm improvements as well as managing the insourcing of some externalised services back into the council.
Undertake the implementation and monitoring of benefits realisation plans.
- The role will report to the Assistant Director of Environmental Transformation
- The role will work closely with the programme management team and staff across the department
- The role will be managing projects with savings targets identified for delivery of up to £3 million.
- The role will be required to work some evenings, weekends and occasional public holidays in order to meet service requirements.
Key Tasks and Accountabilities:
Key tasks and accountabilities are intended to be a guide to the range and level of work expected of the role. This is not an exhaustive list of all tasks that may fall to the role and employees will be expected to carry out such other reasonable duties which may be required from time to time.
To undertake all responsibilities listed below:
- To lead the project as overall Project Manager, in line with council project management policy and process.
- To implement robust project management processes covering the effective development, appraisal, approval, implementation and evaluation of assigned projects, applying and enforcing council governance and framework and methods as appropriate to the project.
- To establish and deliver the objectives and project plan including timings, quality, and costs, monitoring on project plans ensuring that timelines are realistic and adhered to.
- To produce project and programme related documentation as necessary and to ensure these are reviewed and updated at agreed intervals.
- To identify the financial, material, human resource and cultural implications engaging the relevant stakeholders to ensure that resources are allocated, deadlines are met and objectives achieved
- To obtain and analyse a range of data relating to the project and draft complex reports for a variety of different audiences, including senior management, external customers and clients and user groups and produce highlight reports and report regularly to the Programme and/or Project Board using the established reporting methods.
- To identify, highlight and manage the internal and external dependencies within the projects and business.
- To identify and report where appropriate resources are not being provided by the business to achieve the deliverables within the projects.
- To develop and maintain Issues and Risks logs for the projects, ensuring that these are highlighted, managed and resolved where possible.
- To escalate risks and issues via the project board to the workstream group and associated relevant Programme Managers.
If you are interested in this role please send your updated CV in the first instance.