£500 - £550 per day
about 2 months ago
This role is based within the School improvement service. Duties include;
- Provision of strategic leadership for the Council's commissioning plans, which involves working with senior officers and members across the council, external partners and providers to achieve the best outcomes for residents.
- Develop a strategic and evidence based approach to commissioning, understanding the organisation's priorities and assessing a range of policy and service delivery options to best deliver the desired outcomes in a strategic and cross cutting way.
- Lead on the commissioning of services through a range of options including negotiation, procurement, partnership development, enabling, regulating etc. To produce service specifications and service level agreements to achieve improved outcomes for service users.
- Constructively challenge and provide leadership in terms of holding providers to account for performance and ensure commissioned services provide value for money and deliver against agreed specifications, including managing risks and underperformance. To report on delivery of outcomes to stakeholders including the Mayor, elected members and other council officers.
- Robust and accurate financial management including the authorisation, monitoring and control of expenditure in accordance with Financial Regulations and Delegated Authority.
- Use judgement and analytical skills to determine when to take appropriate action where the performance of providers is not satisfactory, including conflict resolution and decommissioning services, where appropriate.
- Ensure robust auditing and validation of data for effective performance management. Oversight of the development of systems for gathering and making use of information about the performance and impact of providers, including responsibility for briefings, performance reports and advice on matters relating to the commissioned service.
- Leadership and oversight of a periodic review of commissioned services to evaluate outcomes and consider options for future commissioning.
- Ensure statutory obligations relating to the service area and corporate policies and procedures are fulfilled, including safeguarding and health and safety.
- Responsibility for managing and providing leadership to staff and resources to ensure the achievement of key organisational priorities, including efficiency savings.
If you are interested in this role please send your updated CV in the first instance.