Up to £450 per day
about 1 month ago
The role will be based in the Social Care Commissioning team which works in partnership with the Brokerage and Contracts Team and operational social care staff. We need a person with extensive experience of commissioning, project management and procurement to lead the procurement of services particularly unregulated services. The successful candidate will also project manage income generating projects working with operational colleagues, finance, housing and other colleagues. The candidate should be both able to work within an existing framework and offer new insight to improve the current processes.
The ideal candidate will have:
* Knowledge of the accommodation, care and support services for looked after children and carer leavers and the wider issues affecting children's social care
* Extensive experience of running procurement activities and implementing new services
* Need for minimal supervision and be a self-starter
* Analytical skills and numeracy including ability to use Excel.
* Achieved efficiencies and savings in their commissioning of services
* Excellent communication skills particularly reporting writing for senior management
* Project management skills to maintain project plans risks and issues registers
* Negotiation and influencing skills working across disciplines and organisations
* Good attention to detail Key deliverables will include:
If you are interested in this role please send your updated CV in the first instance.