£70 - £85 per day
about 1 month ago
Graduate Teaching Assistant - Maths and English
Greenwich - SEN Secondary school
Start - Monday 24th May
Remedy Education are working with a well-established, SEN secondary school in Greenwich.
The school are looking for tutor/TA's to support students with Maths and English.
The candidate will be supporting SEN students with ASD, ADHD, Dyslexia and also learning and communication difficulties, therefore, an understanding of SEN and an empathetic nature is essential. You will be responsible for improving social skills and monitoring behaviour. Behaviour management skills are desirable.
The school are particularly interested in meeting candidates that have a keen interest in pursuing a career in teaching. Graduates with English, Maths or Science related degree's may be asked to support A level students in their specialist subject area.
This role will continue until July 2021 and potentially into the next academic year for the right candidate.
The school is located close to various local bus routes and is a short distance from a mainline train station. There is some parking available on site.
Key skills and experience needed:
- Graduate recently from a leading University
- Experience working with children or young adults with SEN
- B or above in Maths/ Science/ English at A level
- Strong behaviour management
- Professional manner and enthusiastic
- Resilient and patient
If you are interested in working in a great school in a rewarding position, please send your CV to Carly Walters at Remedy Education.
APPLICATION REQUIREMENTS FOR REMEDY EDUCATION
- All applications are subject to an Enhanced DBS Disclosure, professional reference checks, Overseas Police Clearances (if applicable) in line with our stringent safeguarding policy
- Your CV must cover the last 10 years of employment history where possible and all employment breaks must be explained
- You must have legal right to work in the UK
- You must be willing to attend a registration interview
Remedy Education work with a variety of schools covering a wide geographical area. We deal with teaching placements at Primary, Secondary and college level as well as support staff positions also within these.
'Nothing within the above advert was in any way designed or intended to discriminate on the grounds of age, gender, race, colour, religion, disability or sexual orientation. Remedy Education is an Equal opportunities employer and is proud in the knowledge that all placements are made on merit and suitability. We accept applications from all sections of the community.'