Manchester, Greater Manchester
£28 - £30 per hour
13 days ago
Our client is looking for a Social worker (level 3) to join their busy Integrated neighbourhood team based in Harpurhey district off but looking to move to Victoria mill Miles platting when building work is complete
Social worker will be expected to cover the following Demographic areas
Miles Platting, Newton heath, Moston New Moston, City centre and Deansgate.
job involves completing face to face assessment under the care act, support planning and reviews of existing and newly provided care packages. The team is a high functioning team and receives a lot of referrals from City Centre homeless services. we deal with a high level of Safeguarding.
Looking for a social worker that is proactive and enthusiastic to join a team of 5 other social worker and 4 Primary assessment workers.
Main Purpose of the Job:
To provide the positive assessment and planning of individual packages of care for service users and carers, determining the Department's response in line with criteria of eligibility and designated care plan. They also provide Social Work to support Service Users and Carers.
To ensure that all work is carried out in line with the appropriate guidelines, policy and procedures.
To promote the independence and well-being of adults of working age and/or older people; to assist social inclusion and valued community presence and to enable the widest possible expression of chosen lifestyle.
- To carry out positive assessments and share the outcomes of the assessment with other contributors as appropriate
- To contribute to the single assessment process of an individual sharing information in an appropriate and secure manner with other contributors.
- To contribute to the collaborative process of joint, multi-disciplinary or comprehensive assessment of individuals and their carers.
- To complete positive assessments in the appropriate format, using appropriate systems both electronic and paper-based.
- To identify possible risks in line with the risk assessment policy. To alert the team manager to any potential serious risk situations, including joint work with Children's services. To monitor and review the requirement for risk plans.
- To identify the social care needs of individuals and carers to determine the eligibility of needs within the Council Fair Access to Care Services criteria. If needs do not meet the criteria to refer to appropriate provision or advise the individual how they might meet their own needs.
- To produce a care plan to meet eligible social needs of the individual, taking into account the perspective of carers, family members and friends as well as other members of the community, and making all decisions in conjunction with the individual in all levels of cases.
- To commission or arrange appropriate services to meet the needs of the individual.
- To carry out appropriate review or re-assessment of individuals and/or carers as required to continue to meet social care needs
- To act as lead and to work in collaboration with other interested parties in the investigation of allegations of any form of abuse to vulnerable adults, families and children.
For this job we are looking for:
A recognised Social Work qualification and be registered with the General Social Care Council.
Understanding and ability to interpret relevant legislation.
Sensitivity and perception in the assessment of vulnerable service users and their families with complex needs, using the assessment framework.
Skills to analyse and evaluate financial and relevant factual information.
Competent negotiation and arbitration skills to deal with conflict and care package development.
Ability to develop written reports, including those needed under legal requirements.
* Degree in Social Work or equivalent qualification
* Registration with Social Work England
* ASYE completed
Benefits of working with Remedy
* A personal one-one service from your highly experienced dedicated consultant.
* Top tier supplier across London giving us first access to jobs
* Referral bonus - up to £250* per person placed.
* Double payrolls each week.
*Terms & Conditions apply
You will be required to fully register with Remedy for all locum positions.
To be considered for this role, please apply with your CV on the social care team.
Remedy Social Care is a REC Standard agency and is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of the vulnerable. Successful applicants will be required to undertake an Enhanced Disclosure via the DBS. Our objective is to be an equal opportunities employer and we welcome applications from everyone with suitable skills and ability regardless of race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, gender, disability, sexual orientation, age, religion or belief. All applications will be accepted and reviewed solely on merit.