£70 - £85 per day
14 days ago
A specialist Complex Needs School based in South East London are seeking a Learning Support Assistant to work Full/part time during term time only. The specialist school caters for children aged 3 to 19 years of age with a statement of Special Education Needs (SEN). The school are looking for flexible staff who can work either on a daily basis and/or Long term.
The main aim of the school is to equip pupils with life skills in order for them to achieve their potential and develop the greatest degree of independence in communication, social competence, thinking and learning and sensory regulation as far as possible for each person.
The school's facilities are funded well and have a range of sensory and well-equipped large classrooms. Lessons are planned and communicated well between class teachers and Learning Support Assistants are well-resourced. There are therapists and sports coaches who work with the pupils on a regular basis encouraging a healthy and balanced lifestyle.
As a Learning Support Assistant joining the school you can expect:
- Smaller class sizes (no more than 10 to a class)
- On the job support
- To work on a 1:1 capacity with pupils
- Training and development opportunities
- Work alongside therapists/councillors
- Have experience/interest of working with children/young people in some capacity
- SEN experience including SLD (severe learning difficulties) and PMLD (pro-found multiple learning difficulties) - Desirable
- Be willing to learn and develop their knowledge and skills
- Have excellent communication skills
- Be positive and enjoy a challenge
- Has a DBS (we can support with your application)
We are looking to hear from you if you are and experienced practitioner, seeking a change of career, would like to gain SEN experience or thinking of a career in teaching, nonetheless, this is a great way of building on your skills and experience in a variety of settings in addition to mainstream schools.
Please give me a call on 0208 418 1390 or call Carly Walters at Remedy Education.