£300 - £350 per day
22 days ago
- Support the Director of Public Health in their role reporting to and supporting the work of relevant Council committees and governance bodies, including Health & Wellbeing Board, Public Health Board, Clinical Commissioning Group Governing Body, etc.
- Lead on Public Health activity relating to children's and young people's issues, mental health, health protection, sexual health, substance misuse and regeneration.
- Conduct needs assessments, action planning, commissioning and evaluation to tackle relevant public health issues.
- Provide commissioning support for relevant Public Health services dispersed to other departments, including weight management services, health visiting, school nursing, sexual health and substance misuse services.
- Support the development of the Councils' health and wellbeing role in Planning and in regeneration areas and the piloting of targeted interventions.
- Lead the delivery of the health protection function, including responsibilities relating to tuberculosis, offender health, extreme weather planning and pandemic disease planning, and maintain oversight of nationally commissioned health protection programmes, including childhood and adult immunisation programmes, cancer screening programmes, antenatal and new-born screening programmes, etc.
If you are interested in this role please send your updated CV in the first instance.