£80 - £90 per day
about 1 month ago
Long term perm
Learning Support Assistant Job (LSA) SEN Teaching Assistant (SEN) | KS3/ KS4 Autism Support | Secondary School
About the School
An inclusive and welcoming Secondary School is looking for enthusiastic and talented LSA Teaching Assistants to join their diverse and dynamic team. Your role will be to provide excellent support to pupils with SEN, Autism across Key Stage 3 and 4.
This School is located in the heart of Southwark with easy access to various transport links. This school prides itself on their inclusive environment, which allows its students to achieve success.
About the Role
You will encourage students to be creative and determined learners. You will inspire curious and confident students and ensure they feel fully supported academically and emotionally. You will be required to assist in delivering creative quality lesson content and be responsible for managing behaviour, as well as provide extra support for any individuals requiring special education needs. You will also need to provide personal care to less abled students.
What You'll need to Succeed
- Must have at least 1 years' experience in a similar role
- Confident following EHCPs and mapping progress
- Can effectively support higher key stages - KS3 up to GCSE
- Previous experience supporting students with Special Education Needs, specifically Autism
- Knowledge of communication and learning development tools
- Strong behaviour management skills
- Previous experience working in a Secondary School environment
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to demand and maintain appropriate classroom behaviour
If you would like to apply for this position, please contact Carly Walters and email your CV together with a brief cover