about 1 month ago
Learning Mentor - Redbridge, East London
I am currently working with is a Secondary school in Redbridge, East London where the students who attend the school have SEMH/EBD. The school have a lovely team of staff who are very supportive of both staff and students. They are looking for a Learning mentor.
This role includes:
- Working alongside children who may be experiencing difficulties in learning due to social, emotional, or mental health concerns.
- Enabling all pupils to overcome difficulties to achieve their full potential alongside an amazing team.
- Working with parents/carers
- Enabling additional ways to support the students
- Working as a member of the Schools strong Safeguarding team to ensure the welfare of our children remains paramount.
The successful candidate must be:
- Strong behaviour management, confident and innovative
- Be available Monday - Friday, 8:30am - 3:30pm
- Can commit to the full academic year
- Previous experience working within a SEN school or mainstream school supporting SEN students
- Team Teach/Restraint trained (desirable not essential)
We are looking for candidates who have proven skills and abilities of working with vulnerable children within a school/educational setting. We would also welcome candidates who can demonstrate the skills required in supporting parents and dealing with safeguarding issues.
If you are interested in this position, please contact Bradley@RemedyEducation