£30 - £31.15 per hour
6 months ago
Our client, Knowsley Borough Council is looking for a Social worker to join their Adults team.
To provide safe care and support of adults 'at risk' ensuring all their basic needs identified in their support plan and risk assessments are fully met.
To provide person-centred quality care that is tailored to the needs and aspirations of each individual. This personalised approach must ensure that individual outcomes are met and everyone is treated with dignity, respect and compassion.
Duties and responsibilities
This is not a comprehensive list of all the tasks, which may be required of the post holder. It is illustrative of the general nature and level of responsibility of the work to be undertaken:-
Social Care Worker
- To support the delivery of agreed plans of care ensuring that service users are supported safely and individual needs and service targets are met. The quality and standard of care must meet CQC fundamental standards.
- To support clients with their personal care as determined within their individual care plan. Personal care can include supporting service users undertake activities such as dressing, washing, bathing or shaving, toileting, getting in or out of bed, eating, drinking, taking medication and communicating.
- Postholders are required to be involved in monitoring the progress of service users, being mindful of triggers for challenging behaviour, seizures and acting appropriately in line with agreed guidelines and to highlight any changes in an individual's behaviour to the manager so that the support plans can be updated.
- To provide support for individuals who may regularly place emotional demands on the jobholder; and raising significant issues to the manager.
- The activities and support undertaken by care workers should have a direct impact on the positive well-being of individuals. Therefore, postholders will work with senior officers to ensure that activities motivate and interest service users and provide a positive experience. As such they will contribute to the planning of daily activities and risk assessments.
- Postholders will attend and contribute positively to meetings as requested by the manager providing input by sharing the outcome of interactions with service users and highlighting issues that may have an impact on the review of the service user's case.
- To ensure the accurate administration and recording of medication, including rescue medication, in line with the Councils Medication policy. Postholders will need to ensure that agreed protocols are followed when supporting an individual's personal care such as peg feeding, postural care, changing stoma bags, buccal suction, medication via a peg etc.
- Postholders are expected to ensure all records are updated and accurate. This includes ensuring appropriate information security protocols are applied when sharing and preparing information relevant to the service user's care. Records include care plans, risk assessments, work related logs and other template based documents.
- As postholders will be have direct contact with a range of people involved in care delivery; service users, families, care/medical professionals, other colleagues etc, they must ensure they act and communicate professionally and appropriately at all times.
- Where appropriate to attend and contribute positively to meetings as requested by their line manager.
You will need to be:
Social work england registered
Eligible to work in the UK
Atleast 1 year post qualifying experience
If you do not have the required experience, you will not be contacted.
Why Choose Remedy?
Competitive pay rates
Access to exclusive roles that aren't available from other agencies
1st tier agency
Up to £250 for each social work professional you refer to us who we place*
If you are interested and would like to find out more please apply to this advert with a copy of your updated CV. Alternatively, please send your CV directly