Kingston upon Thames, London
£500 - £550 per day
about 1 month ago
We are looking for a Programme manager to lead a major technology programme, based around the transformation of the existing IT infrastructure supporting a user base of over 5000 users across Kingston and Sutton councils and associated organisations.
The Infrastructure Programme will put in the place the technology infrastructure to support the plans of both Councils. The programme will include but not limited to:
● Transition of over 400 servers from traditional on premise datacentres to cloud hosted solutions and decommission of old datacentres.
● Rationalisation and improvement of identity management systems to standardise one one robust solution.
● End user experience transformation of current Citrix solution to improve access in a remote/office hybrid working fashion.
● Refresh and optimisation of WAN model within the councils to reduce cost and complexity.
● VOIP telephony upgrade from on premise system to cloud solution
The first step will be to familiarise yourself with the current infrastructure situation, the work already undertaken and to complete a detailed business case with full cost benefit analysis. Contract negotiations and management will follow.
Thereafter, establish detailed work plans to ensure that key milestones are met and that technical resources are scheduled and managed.
The role reports directly to the Head of IT.
If you are interested in this role please send your updated CV in the first instance.