£30 - £35 per day
Yasmin Van Wijngaarden
about 1 month ago
Our client Islington Council, is looking for a Qualified Social Worker to join their Children in need team.
- To assess, identify levels of risk and need and deliver protective or supportive services for children at risk or in need.
- To promote the welfare of children in need with particular regard for their age, sex, health, race, religion, culture and life experience.
- To accommodate children and young people and initiate care proceedings when appropriate.
- To implement care plans, including arrangements for funding and ensuring that the cost of provision remains within agreed budgets.
- To ensure that all expenditure on cases is properly authorised and recorded and that cases with financial packages are regularly monitored and reviewed.
- To monitor and review the implementation of, and to provide continuing advice, support and social work services to children and young people, their families and their carers.
- To produce court statements and when required, give evidence in court on behalf of the Local Authority in Family Proceedings Court and any other court within Family Division as required.
- To provide verbal and written reports to Child Protection conferences, strategy meetings, planning meeting and reviews.
- To take responsibility for managing an individual caseload, having regard to the relative needs of all service users and ensuring an effective use of time and resources.
- To attend and make use of supervision and staff appraisals.
- To maintain and develop up to date relevant skills and knowledge of current legislation, policy and social work practice, through training as required or agreed by Team Manager.
- Degree in Social Work or equivalent qualification
- Registration with Social Work England
- ASYE completed
Benefits of working with Remedy
- A personal one-one service from your highly experienced dedicated consultant.
- Top tier supplier across London giving us first access to jobs
- Referral bonus - up to £250* per person placed.
- Double payrolls each week.
*Terms & Conditions apply
You will be required to fully register with Remedy for all locum positions.
To be considered for this role, please apply with your CV on the social care team.
Remedy Social Care is a REC Standard agency and is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of the vulnerable. Successful applicants will be required to undertake an Enhanced Disclosure via the DBS. Our objective is to be an equal opportunities employer and we welcome applications from everyone with suitable skills and ability regardless of race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, gender, disability, sexual orientation, age, religion or belief. All applications will be accepted and reviewed solely on merit.