West London, London
£15 - £22 per hour
13 days ago
This role is;
* To work effectively as part of the Council's Chief Executive directorate, delivering corporate objectives through the work of the Housing Service.
* To promote a philosophy of putting service user needs first at every opportunity and to put in place management arrangements that work to action this.
* To work with key stakeholders in improving service quality and promoting creative and innovative ways of tackling local problems, ensuring services delivered meet the needs of our community and are accessible to all users.
* To work with other officers in the Chief Executive Directorate and other Departments to ensure services are integrated at the point of delivery and at the strategic planning level and to identify new opportunities for business efficiencies.
* To support organisational change ensuring the appropriate systems of performance and development, communications, equality measures, monitoring and review are in place.
* To adhere to the Council's Staff and Customer Charters.
* Assist tenants in sustaining their tenancy by referrals to agencies that can help with their support need such as financial inclusion, welfare benefits and debt/legal advice.
* Liaise directly with social services and other agencies in order to support the independent living of residents who have support needs.
* Encourage and support residents to increase their involvement in the local community and actively engage with resident associations and other resident groups.
* Manage multiple tenures in a defined geographical patch and deal with all service requests in line with the Council's service standards. Provide guidance, advice and information relating to the lease/ tenancy/ licence.
* Take appropriate remedial or enforcement action where there are breaches of lease, tenancy or licence.
* Investigate all cases of anti-social behaviour, domestic violence, and hate crime. Ensure casework is progressed professionally, promptly, and in accordance with Council policies and charters.
* Deliver a personalised landlord service to residents in a defined geographical patch, communicating with residents in their homes as well as council offices.
* Investigate suspected tenancy fraud cases and take action against illegal occupants.
* Quality assure the standard and consistency of repairs & maintenance to estates and properties as appropriate and ensure that work is completed satisfactorily.
* Identify potential improvement works in consultation with local residents and prepare a project brief for approval. Commission contractors to deliver the works and client manage the process throughout.
* Ensure communal areas and estates are clean, safe and well maintained through regular monitoring and inspection. To escalate incidents of substandard performance of the caretaking, cleaning and grounds maintenance service where necessary.
* Facilitate access to properties for gas safety checks. Liaise with other departments or agencies where there is good cause and pursue tenancy enforcement action if required.
* Organise temporary and permanent decants in liaison with Property Services and the Resident Liaison Team.
* Conduct regular estate walkabouts in liaison with residents, caretaking and grounds maintenance to jointly address issues and opportunities for improvement.
* To be able to diagnose and order a variety of responsive repairs in tenant homes and communal areas.
* Promote and lead residents and councillors on formal estate inspections.
Capture the feedback, communicate findings to residents and take responsibility for the delivery of agreed actions within timescales.
* Ensure that when carrying out estate inspections, tenant visits and tenancy audits that any obvious hazards are recorded and action is taken to remedy the problem.
* Establish a good rental payment culture among residents providing them with advice on the best, most cost-effective method of payment and penalties for non-payment. Set up direct debits.
* Prepare legal cases for the recovery of rent and attend court as required to recover outstanding monies.
* Where required make use of online benefit calculators to ensure that residents are aware of their benefit entitlement and provide information on where to access good benefit and debt advice.
* Raise awareness of welfare reform and universal credit implications and oversee activities to assist residents sustain their tenancy.
* Assist in emergency situations such as fires, floods and utility outages making necessary arrangements for temporary accommodation.
* Maintain accurate and relevant records of customer & property data and compliance information for community centres.
* Support the development of resident associations and attend evening meetings when required.
* Respond to complaints and members' enquiries with regards to all elements of the role with a solution-focused and positive attitude.
* Update the housing management system regularly to keep casework updated.
If you are interested in this role please send your updated CV in the first instance.