£400 - £500 per day
16 days ago
1. To provide operational strategic management for the services to all children and young people for whom the London Borough of Hounslow has a Corporate Parenting Duty.
- To provide operational strategic management to the Adoption and Permanence service.
- To provide strategic management to the business support function in relation to collation, dissemination and analysis of business and performance information in relation to the service area.
- To ensure high standards in social work practice through effective assessment and planned intervention to safeguard children and promote good outcomes.
- To recruit, select and supervise staff, conduct appraisals and establish staff development plans to achieve a high standard of practice and ensure compliance with the HCPC and social worker Knowledge and Skills Statement.
- To ensure that the service implements all relevant legislation, guidance and Council policy to safeguard and protect children and promote effective care planning for looked after children and care leavers.
- To contribute to the corporate management of Children's and Adults' Services, deputise for the Assistant Director - Children's Safeguarding and Specialist Services as required and represent the division when necessary.
- Ensure that complaints are dealt with in accordance with the Department's Complaints Procedure.
- To establish and maintain good communication within Children's Services and with other agencies and departments to facilitate the improvement and development of the service.
- To exercise management responsibility for identified budgets in accordance with the Councils' financial regulations and procedures, planning and controlling activities to match budgets.
- Ensure the maintenance and security of equipment and records, including responsibilities under Health and Safety policies and legislation.
- Contribute to the development of service specifications and performance indicators for services.
- To implement the relevant sections of the Hounslow Plan, the joint Children and Young People Strategy and the Business Plan.