£38 - £42 per hour
about 2 months ago
PURPOSE OF ROLE:
To assist and support the Team Manager, by managing and providing supervision, direction and guidance to unqualified Personal Advisors and at times social workers (if linked to the team). This role supports the provision of high quality services to young people leaving care, with an understanding of the needs and requirements of unaccompanied asylum seeking children and indigenous young people, who meet the criteria under the Children Act 1989 and Children (Leaving Care Act) 2000.
Within this role you will be a member of the Leaving Care Team and contribute within this team to the strategic policy and procedural developments within the division, ensuring effective policy and operational links within Children's Services and Lifelong Learning and other Directorates and Departments within the Council.
Within this role you will work to maintain high standards of professional practice, working at all times in the best interests of children and young people, ensuring that all the staff you supervise have clear evidence based assessments and pathway plans in place on all allocated cases.
- To provide a Leaving Care Service in accordance with departmental policies and priorities and to participate in the costing, co‑ordination, monitoring and review in line with department procedures.
- To ensure that the service works within the Department's priorities and decisions about allocation of resources have due regard to the Departments eligibility criteria.
- To work closely with the Leaving Care Team Manager and other Team Mangers within the service. To ensure appropriate accountability and to deputise as necessary, including assisting the Team Manager in ensuring the effective deployment, monitoring and management of delegated budgets.
- To ensure own and team's professional knowledge is updated and that new legislation, policy and practice guidance is understood and implemented by the team.
- To use regular supervision and staff appraisal and participate in staff meetings. To ensure an effective service to users and carers and further professional development.
- To work according to the council and HCPC guidance regarding working hours, professional conduct and anti-discriminatory practice.
- To work according to the council's data protection and confidentiality standards.
- To participate in the development and implementation of performance indicators and quality service standards.
If you are interested in this role please send your updated CV in the first instance.