about 1 month ago
Remedy Recruitment Group are currently seeking an experienced Head of a Virtual School for Redbridge Council.
We are looking for an experienced leader to support, challenge and advise those involved in the lives of children in the care of Redbridge Council, including those who are of Nursery age, in Statutory education and have oversight of those post 16 and accessing education to 18. You will oversee the Virtual School team of Education Support Officers and PEP Coordinators.
- You will have successful senior leadership and management experience within an educational setting or a local authority.
- You will work closely with social care professionals, headteachers, designated teachers, school improvement partners and other personnel working for agencies and organisations in partnership with the Virtual School to drive up standards of education and the attainment of children in care.
- Be an experienced, organised, enthusiastic and inspirational leader.
- Have excellent skills in team work, using your initiative, be forward thinking and an exemplary role model.
- Have a strong commitment to the welfare of all children
- Have a high level of competency in IT, finance, literacy skills and writing skills.
- Be passionate about tackling inequality and know how to raise pupil achievement.
- You will support the Operational Director in driving up improvements in the educational progress and attainment of children in care, including those that have been placed in schools in other local authorities.
- Where necessary, you will provide effective support and challenge to ensure pupils are given the best possible opportunity to thrive.
- Your negotiating and influencing skills will enable you to handle sudden education needs, to secure appropriate provision in close liaison with social workers, designated teachers and schools' senior management, keeping a looked after child in education.
- You will be an excellent communicator, a confident practitioner who can achieve positive outcomes for this important group of children and young people.
You will need to be:
- Eligible to work in the UK
Why Choose Remedy?
- Competitive pay rates
- Access to exclusive roles that aren't available from other agencies
- 1st tier agency
- Up to £350 for each professional you refer to us who we place*
If you are interested and would like to find out more please apply to this advert with a copy of your updated CV. Alternatively, please send your CV directly