£32 - £34 per hour
4 months ago
The primary purpose of the role is to:
* Contribute to the delivery of an effective Adoption recruitment and assessment service as part of a social work team, improving outcomes for children and young people.
* Manage caseloads of prospective adopters at all stages in the assessment process utilising a range of assessment tools and techniques in order to complete a comprehensive Prospective Adopter Report
* Provide advice and guidance for step-parents and other family members on family adoption processes and alternative orders.
* Provide expert advice and guidance for social work colleagues on recruitment and assessment processes Work with the communications service to provide high quality targeted adopter recruitment and community engagement events
* Work with the Team Manager and Head of Service to develop the service
* Work from an agreed local base across 5 London Boroughs to family find for and match children across East London
* Ensure children and young people are adequately protected in line with Havering LSCB and departmental policy and procedures and relevant legislation.
If you are interested in this role please send your updated CV in the first instance.