Up to £450 per day
3 months ago
The purpose of the role is to provide business analysis skills to projects and programmes
* Undertake current state analysis to document key components of as-is operations e.g. processes and systems using appropriate tools and techniques e.g. SIPOC
* Design and develop proposals for to-be operations employing user-centred design thinking approaches.
* Investigate operational requirements, problems, and opportunities, seeking effective business solutions through improvements in automated and non-automated components of new or changed processes.
* Analyse stakeholder objectives, and the underlying issues using suitable tools and techniques e.g. Porter's Five Forces, PESTLE, 5 whys etc.
* Elicit requirements and problems, and identify options for solutions. Analyse pros and cons of solutions and make rationalised recommendations for preferred solution.
* Undertake gap analysis and document business requirements in a suitable form for target audience. Establish priority of requirements using standard technique such as MoSCoW.
* Identify potential benefits, and available change options for consideration.
* Work with clients/ users in defining acceptance tests. Experience:
* A track record of having delivered business analysis in a large organisation
* Experience of delivering business analysis in a local authority would be advantageous
* Experience of working on multiple projects simultaneously and successfully delivering to timescales
* Experience of working within matrix management structures
* Experience of working with complex multi-agency partnerships and stakeholder groups, managing ambiguity and complexity
* Experience of using service redesign tools e.g. UCD, Double Diamond, SIPOC, User stories (agile methodology)
* Experience of using IT (e.g., Excel, MS Project, Visio) to plan and manage work, analyse and aggregate data, manage budgets, build financial models, and develop and track savings
* Excellent working knowledge of Microsoft Office software suite and other IT applications
* Knowledge of current legislation, the key national and local policy issues, and of the challenges being set by the changing agenda relating to local government
* Able to understand the technical, behavioural and cultural elements of major transformational and change management initiatives within large complex organisations
Qualifications: * Evidence of relevant continuous professional development such as LEAN, Six-sigma, BCS, Agile
* Degree-educated or equivalent level experience.
If you are interested in this role please send your updated CV in the first instance.