£300 - £400 per day
23 days ago
- Provide leadership with the Service Manager, Safeguarding Adults, for colleagues in Adults and Children's Services, the Joint Commissioning Unit, Havering Social Care Academy, IT & Business Services, as well as Strategic Finance and Legal Business partners to lead transformation from Deprivation of Liberty Safeguards (DoLS) arrangemts for vulnerable people in Havering, to Liberty Protection Safeguards (LPS).
- Work pro-actively with key strategic health and social care partners across Havering, Barking and Dagenham, and Redbridge, to ensure there is a smooth transfer from DoLS to LPS, and to help ensure future LPS systems and processes are robust and sustainable for all agencies.
- Project Manage the delivery of a programme of work to ensure Council services are prepared for the transfer to LPS from 1 October 2020.
- Deliver an Impact Assessment and Business Case to enable Adult Social Services make the changes necessary to front line Social Work Teams.
- Work with health partners to ensure health inputs into LPS arrangements are in place before the transfer to LPS in October 2020.
- Work with health and local authority partners (Barking/Dagenham, Redbridge, and others as required) on initiatives to share LPS development costs where possible.
- Continue the development of the LPS Project Plan, provide updates on the LPS Project Plan making changes where required.
- Identify and manage project risks.
- Maintain the project deliverables log for the Council's LPS Project.
- Report on the progress of the LPS Project to the Safeguarding Service Manager and the Council's Liberty Protection Safeguards Project Team.
- Design and deliver a process to monitor the delivery of LPS arrangements from October to December 2020 to identify and manage issues for corrective action.
- Deliver and manage project budgets as within the post holder's remit.
- Experience of working at a management level in a large organisation.
- Experience of working with senior colleagues from a broad range of stakeholders.
- Experience of working with complex multi-agency partnerships and stakeholder groups, managing ambiguity and delivering organisations outcomes.
- Experience of working within a Health or Social Care Environment.
- Experience of successfully supporting or managing a major change project within a private or public service setting and delivering within tight timescales.
- Experience of organisational development and delivering impact assessments/business cases for the purpose of planning for service changes.
- Experience of complex matrix management working practices.
- A good working knowledge of current legislation affecting social care and the key national and local policy issues, in particular new legislation and issues relating to the transfer from DoLS to LPS.
- Knowledge of effective project management approaches, systems and processes.
- Excellent working knowledge of Microsoft Office software suite, other IT applications.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the technical, behavioural and contextual elements of major change management initiatives within large complex organisations.
If you are interested in this role please send your updated CV in the first instance.