Up to £300 per day
10 days ago
1 ROLE PURPOSE
The post holder will be responsible for supporting the development of effective and evidence- based public health information activity. They will provide input into the process of understanding health needs in the area, addressing health inequalities, determining priorities for action, assisting wider understanding of the characteristics of the local population and actively disseminating the findings of a wide range of analysis.
They will support members of the Public Health team, in providing support across several fronts including the joint strategic needs assessment (JSNA), specific health needs assessment, data retrieval and data maintenance. A key aspect of the job role will be to update and develop the web-based JSNA tool to support internal and external partners in understanding the needs of the population. The post holder will provide specialised advice on health intelligence, statistics and statistical techniques, and health data sets.
The post holder will:
- Support the delivery of the Public Health Intelligence function, ensuring the availability of data and evidence to reflect local, regional and national priorities;
- Be a resource for data analysis, interpretation and presentation, utilising spreadsheets, maps and analytical tools e.g. SQL across a wide range of data sets
- Provide analysis and interpretation in response to external requests for information
- Communicate highly complex statistical/analytical/epidemiological matters to non - statistical/ analytical/ epidemiological professionals within the Council, the NHS and across the wider system in a way that they can understand the implications and the inferences arising from the analyses within the report and be persuaded of the right course of action
- Take a lead role in the development of joint strategic needs assessment, with key partners and prioritised needs assessments as identified by the team, the council and other partners.
- Communicate with and establish and maintain relationships with other members of the Public Health Team, a range of other groups or individuals seeking help, advice or information on analytic methods and statistics to support their decision-making processes based on sound public health knowledge and evidence.
- Provide advice and guidance on health intelligence issues including the development and analysis of health-related data sets and information.
- Commit to equalities and the promotion of diversity in all aspects of working.
If you are interested in this role please send your updated CV in the first instance.