£400.00 - £450.00 per day + Depending on experience
about 1 month ago
Remedy Recruitment Group are currently seeking an experienced Service Manager to work within the Fostering Service for Southend Council.
You will be responsible for service delivery, the development of a range of policy and procedures to enable the team to deliver a high standard of service to our carers. You will have experience of managing change with the ability to challenge mediocrity.
- Take lead responsibility for implementing the improvement plan for the fostering service
- Support the development of Mockingbird model within the fostering service
- Work collaboratively with Nation Fostering Network to devise our new offer for foster carers
- Management of complex and high risk work with children
- To undertake work that will contribute to the overall strategic direction and delivery of Southend on Sea City's improvement plan
- To be responsible for the delegated budget management of fostering and adoption services.
- To work with partners to improve and develop services
- To provide expert advice to senior colleagues within Council and to Elected Members
- To take overall responsibility for the performance management and effective working of the Fostering and Adoption teams to achieve effective service delivery
- To ensure that the Fostering and Adoption teams recruit, train and support sufficient foster carers and adopters so as to meet the needs of Southend on Sea City's looked after children
- To ensure that the agency's adoption and fostering panels meet regulatory and best practice standards
- To ensure that support is given across Children's Social Care services to children looked after who require a plan for permanence
- To act as the service lead for our work with Adopt East (RAA)
You will need to be:
- SWE registered
- Eligible to work in the UK
Why Choose Remedy?
- Competitive pay rates
- Access to exclusive roles that aren't available from other agencies
- 1st tier agency
- Up to £250 for each social work professional you refer to us who we place*
If you are interested and would like to find out more please apply to this advert with a copy of your updated CV. Alternatively, please send your CV directly