South London, London
£14 - £15 per hour
7 days ago
This role is for 21 hours a week and based in South London.
- To take the finance lead in one area ofChildren's Services. This includes ensuring that in the relevant part of the service:
- finance processes are integrated with core business, and
- effective communication with staff, managers, service users, providers and partner agencies, as required.
- To process payments and invoices in a timely manner in accordance with Council procedures, using the client records system, Mosaic and the finance system, Agresso.
- To be vigilant in preventing errors and fraud, and immediately notify the relevant manager of any irregularity.
- To negotiate firmly but sensitively with colleagues, providers, partner agencies and service users in resolving financial queries and irregularities; this includes situations in which the alternative to an agreed resolution is the termination of the service and/or action to recover funds.
- To provide accurate and regular budget reports and advice to the Head of Service, and other managers.
- To alert the Head of Service immediately to any developments that significantly affect the predicted end of year outturn.
- To update, query and report from databases holding client information, including Mosaic
- To maintain and update finance systems as required, ensuring that data is accurate, up to date and sense-checked.
- To maintain a system for triggering payment reviews and terminations in line with statutory guidance.
- To prioritise own workload to ensure deadlines are met, and to notify the line manager if these cannot be met.
- To attend training and maintain skills in essential IT applications including Office applications, Google applications, Agresso, Mosaic and any other relevant applications.
- To keep abreast of changes in legislation and policy as they relate to Special Guardianship placements.
- To work co-operatively and flexibly with other Finance staff in Children's Services, ensuring familiarity with all areas of the business and providing cover for business peaks, staff holiday and absence.
- To undertake any other comparable duties considered to be appropriate by line manager and the service manager
- To carry out the duties and responsibilities of the post in accordance with the Council's Core Values, Equal Opportunities and Diversity Policy, Health and Safety Policy, and all corporate and departmental procedures.
If you are interested in this role please send your updated CV .