£14.46 - £18 per hour
5116885 - Dee_1570701171
5 months ago
Family Support Worker, Childrens Services, Oxfordshire, up to £18ph
If you are a Family Support Worker with experience working directly with children, we want to hear from you.
You will join an already established service providing support to the House Project working initially with 10 care leavers to prepare them for independence.
Main duties include:
- To monitor and assess children and young people's needs, including taking appropriate actions to address emerging safeguarding concerns.
- To act as case holders for children and young people, when appropriate.
- To undertake visits, observations and meetings and record them on electronic systems, such as Liquid logic to the agreed standard and within agreed timescales.
- To undertake direct work and interventions with children and young people to promote their welfare.
- To support and arrange work to prepare young people for independence.
- To set up and attend planning meetings in order to successfully support young people to develop links within their local community.
- To give evidence in Court if required.
- An understanding of the impact of abuse, social deprivation and/or disadvantage on children, young people and their families
- Knowledge and understanding of safeguarding principles
- Proven experience of working with children, young people and their families
- Good understanding of child development and factors that support children to develop and achieve their potential
- Car driver/owner
Benefits of working with Remedy
- A personal one-one service from your highly experienced dedicated consultant.
- Top tier supplier to numerous local authorities throughout London giving us access to jobs before other agencies.
- Referral bonus - up to £250* per person placed.
- Double payrolls each week.
*Terms & Conditions apply
You will be required to fully register with Remedy for all locum positions.
To be considered for this role, please apply with your CV to Dee Spencer on the social care team.
Remedy Social Care is a REC Standard agency and is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of the vulnerable. Successful applicants will be required to undertake an Enhanced Disclosure via the DBS. Our objective is to be an equal opportunities employer and we welcome applications from everyone with suitable skills and ability regardless of race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, gender, disability, sexual orientation, age, religion or belief. All applications will be accepted and reviewed solely on merit.