£230 - £237 per hour
MIKEALA - 405393_1605174280
16 days ago
Our client, Essex County Council is looking for a Senior Practitioner to join their Family Support team.
Candidates must have current qualified experience within a Family Support and Protection team. Candidate must also have court experience. Candidate are also required to drive for this position.
To hold and sustain a caseload consisting of the most sensitive, "complex and difficult" cases to which the post holder is able to bring to bear the highest standards of professional ability and a considerable depth of knowledge in relevant legislation in policy and practice methods. To provide a focus of specialist advice and professional consultation for Social Workers and contribute to the development of practice standards within the service.
- To function as a flexible, influential and supportive practitioner within the requirements of ECC policies and procedures.
- Operates on a countywide basis across service areas and work in partnership with diverse range of external organisations.
- Indirectly accountable for provision of services and budgetary expenditure by recommending options leading to quality outcomes.
- Personal autonomy and responsibility for analysis, planning, execution and evaluation of complex cases.
- Accountable for own judgment and decisions in high-risk social work cases.
- Personal responsibility for the professional guidance issued to colleagues.
- Actively participate in practice research and determine the appropriate method of disseminating research findings for local, regional and national settings.
- To maintain an up to date record of activity on case files, produce reports, attend court and give verbal presentations as required. To participate actively in case discussions, legal case discussions, Child Protection conferences, Statutory Reviews, etc.
- Represent ECC in court proceedings as an "expert witness".
- Establish and maintain effective systems of quality assurance and quality controls for recording guidance issued and evaluating outcomes.
- Critically appraise the quality of own/others practice and challenge this within identified forums.
- To maintain a current and active interest and knowledge in such legislation and policy changes, research findings and practice developments, from a wide field, as are relevant to the post holders' clients group responsibilities including training and other professional development opportunities.
- To act as a source of expert advice and consultation for staff within schools, children and families, on professional issues relating to Child Protection situations (particularly Section 47 investigations) and assessments of risk to the child or young person affected.
- Ensure child protection plans are implemented and reviewed.
- Follow the Council's child protection procedures.
- Participating in and/or chairing team meetings and deputising for the Team Manager in the day-to-day running and supervision of the team when necessary.
- To bring about changes and to help colleagues work towards and manage change. This may involve the use of personal and professional skills in counselling and exploring feelings on an advanced as well as basic level.
- Any other duties commensurate with the grade that may, from time to time, be required.
- To undertake occasional evening work and be available for very occasional weekend activities as required by the schools, children and families directorate.
You will need to be:
Social work england registered
Eligible to work in the UK
Atleast 1 year post qualifying experience
If you do not have the required experience, you will not be contacted.
Why Choose Remedy?
Competitive pay rates
Access to exclusive roles that aren't available from other agencies
1st tier agency
Up to £250 for each social work professional you refer to us who we place*
If you are interested and would like to find out more please apply to this advert with a copy of your updated CV. Alternatively, please send your CV directly