Up to £450 per day
18 days ago
This role is to lead on the development, prioritisation and oversight on delivery of the Council's building safety programme, ensuring this is delivered within a transparent assurance framework of legislative and regulatory compliance, on time and within budget.
Duties will include to;
- Lead on the development of a risk based building safety investment programme in existing council housing and oversee delivery to ensure risk is managed and the Council's strategic objectives are achieved. This includes:
- Requirements for fire risk assessments and delivery of arising actions, acting as the client to the corporate Health and Safety team providing the FRA process within an up-to-date, monitored SLA.
- Development of investment programmes on a risk basis to ensure buildings have appropriate facilities for safety management including communication to residents and oversight of the procedure for dealing with vulnerable people.
- Oversight of investment programmes ensuring they are completed to standard and within time and budget requirements.
- Lead the day to day management of higher risk residential buildings (HRRBs) through the Building Safety Management role, ensuring that this forms part of a joined up management response for Council housing. Respond to associated incidents, drawing together Project Teams, actions plans and communication plans.
- Develop an assurance framework for approval and ensure it is effectively implemented for day to day operational use. Act as the Council's competent source of technical expertise and advice on building safety legislative and best practice requirements.
This role will initially be for three months with the view of extension beyond this.
If you are interested in this role please send your updated CV in the first instance.