3 months ago
Employer Engagement Coordinator - Lambeth, South East London
Your main role is securing work placements for Young Adults with Learning disabilities.
The Employment Engagement Coordinator is a key member of the Supported Employment Team, supporting Young Adults with Learning disabilities to gain access to a variety of employment opportunities, work experiences and work placements.
You will be involved in identifying employers offering work placements and employment opportunities, which match the skills, experience and aspirations of Young Adults with learning disabilities, whistle also coordinating those placements.
You will be based within the College and at various employment placements.
The Employer Engagement Coordinator will ensure that they continually identify and build relationships with other colleges and training providers and employers providing support to both young people and education professionals.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Developed an employer engagement plan in line with agreed performance measure. The plan will include rational for employer target and short- and long-term goals, these will include Securing work placements for Young Adults with Learning disabilities
- To create and keep up to date vocational profiles for all students
- Identifying, and sign up, of new young adult with learning disability and wheelchair users
- Supporting the transition, where appropriate, from work placement to employment
- To effectively seek out employers who are willing to provide work experience opportunities, which match the young adult with learning disability skills, experience and aspirations
- To develop professional, long lasting and mutually beneficial relationships with employers
- To establish, develop and maintain an in-depth knowledge of local labour markets, issues affecting young adults with learning disabilities and wheelchair users, government policy and to share with others within the team
- To confidently, and professionally, promote the College
- Employability services, by representing the organization at appropriate events and presenting aims and objectives to potential employers which in turn would increase the awareness of The College
- To work with the College and Lambeth through schools and colleges to identify young adult with learning disabilities and wheelchair users, and opportunities which would support the schools with work placement and destination information
- To offer ongoing employer support, including other services of The College in the form of planning for future placement requirements with a view to retaining, and developing, the employer
- To develop and maintain an effective process for monitoring and evaluating the success of the project including updating an employer database
- To provide reports for Senior Leadership Team every half term to review performance and present updates at regular project meetings
- To participate in training and undertake appropriate learning and development, as identified through regular appraisal and reviews with line manager
- Utilizing the current network of contacts within the London business sector, and through cold calling potential new referrals, create an ongoing forecast for delivery
- To actively participate in the careers program by raising employment awareness among the students, supporting events and training staff
- To provide feedback to and from employers, local employment teams, managers and partner organizations supported by examples and identifies what needs to change
- To take accountability for retention of excellent relationships with large employers in local and regional areas
- To demonstrate knowledge of suitable vacancies and the process of filling vacancies
- Can evidence employers engaged with a portfolio of activities with the College
- To work effectively with colleagues from local employment teams and partner organizations to identify suitable vacancies and delivery effective vacancy filling
- To develop accessible resources for the employment team and employers
To be accepted for this role you must hold an up to date DBS and have previous experience working as an Employer Engagement Coordinator.
If you feel like you are the right person for this role then please apply now, you can also contact Sophie at Remedy for more information on 0208 418 1390.