East Sussex, England
Up to £300 per day
18 days ago
MAIN PURPOSE OF THE ROLE:
To work with the Programme Manager to develop a work plan that will ensure the smooth and efficient delivery of a range of initiatives that will re-shape the work of the department in the light of the Covid 19 pandemic.
- To take responsibility for managing key projects that will enhance efficiencies and client experience, whilst ensuring best use of public resources.
- Direct and lead the design and implementation of allocated projects, ensure delivery of the outcomes set out in the project and manage any current or future resources, including personnel and budgets that are attached to the project.
- Develop and put in place rigorous evaluation and performance monitoring throughout planning and implementation.
- Establish appropriate governance arrangements for the project.
- Compile reports and present to relevant committees and groups as required.
- Work with internal departments and external organisations to identify and agree elements of the plan to be delivered by/in conjunction with other stakeholders.
- Critically analyse data from a range of sources and provide management information that supports evidence based decision making and service transformation.
- Ensure the appropriate use and production of project documentation making full use of computer technology.
- Manage project staff so that they are developed efficiently and effectively, their wellbeing is maintained and their performance continuously improves.
- Engage with local, regional and national colleagues to develop and maintain an overview of best practice, innovation and new approaches and ensure these are reflected in the projects.
- Keep governance structures fully briefed on progress of the projects, highlighting risks and issues at an early stage, making recommendations towards solutions.
- Ensure that learning from the project is disseminated to staff and other stakeholders in a clear and concise way.
- Arrange for the closure of projects, including stakeholder and governance feedback, and to assist in the production of adequate documentation for full integration into the appropriate operational management structures/teams.
If you are interested in this role please send your updated CV in the first instance.